UPDATED: CALLING FOR BANDS | Do You Have a Band? Female Line-Up Special
Here’s the thing, our good friends from The Pips are coming over to Kuching (for sightseeing and cheap beers) and like a good DIY band, they would love to play a show for the kids here as well. And we ‘d thought, hey, why not do a full-fledged femme show as well?
I talk to some girls here and they agree to organise the show. By the girls, for the girls (or Grrrls, if you like). And the show would feature bands with female lineup. We are asking some bands outside Borneo now and also, we are now looking for Borneoan ones.
1) Do you have a band with female line up? Would you like to play?
2) The date would be on 30th June 2012.
3) Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us a little bit about your band- the genre, lineup, bandpage etc etc and a sample song, if that is possible.
INTERNATIONAL/WEST MALAYSIAN BANDS:
1. Just to be clear, we do not provide the cost of your transportation (ie flight tickets), just a gig for you to perform and a gathering of girls to bond with, in Borneo. Other things could be arranged as we move along.
2. If you are interested, or have further enquiries, anything at all, please let us know by emailing us on the same email above.
3. If you stay here longer after the gig, there would be the world-renowned Rainforest World Music Festival on 13th till 15th July 2012. Details here.
DATE OF GIG: June 30th
TENTATIVE LINE UP (shown interest):
The Pips (folk punk, Kuala Lumpur)- CONFIRMED
Shhh… Diam! (Happy Hardcore, Damansara)- CONFIRMED
Chamomile (Sabah)- CONFIRMED
Dance on Your Grave & Say Hello and Good Morning.
Watch out on this blog for more updates!